Fall Tackle Football Coaches
We feel that coaching is the most vital component of a positive youth sports experience. It's the coaches who are impacting your athletes every day so we hold them to the highest of standards. Our goal at WFA is to hire a professional coach for each position on the football field. Parents are encouraged to help the team in any way they can, but we believe in experts teaching our boys the fundamentals of safe technique, proper discipline, and the x's and o's of the game. For a list of past and current coaches, please click here.
All prospective coaching candidates must complete all coaching certification requirements and a background check. Coaching candidate acceptance into the WFA program will be at the sole discretion of WFA. ALL Coaches will be considered according to the following criteria:
- Coaching Credentials: NFL, NCAA, High School, Middle School, Youth
- Tackle Football Experience
- Sportsmanship: Parent & Team Referrals/Recommendations
IMPORTANT: Upon registration ALL coaches are required to comply with the Westlake Football Academy coaching requirements outlined below.
1. Complete the Positive Coaches Alliance course
- PCA 1:
- PCA 2: http://shopping.positivecoach.org/Courses/Double-Goal-Coach-2
2. USA Heads-up Football Course: http://usafootball.com/headsup
3. Complete CDC Concussion Certification: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/headsup/online_training.html
4. Complete a background check: https://opportunities.averity.com/WestlakeFootball
5. Attend a skills development clinic with a pre-approved high school or college football program. Contact us for details
6. Download the American Academy of Neurology App on Concussions at www.AAN.com - offered free of charge.
7. Watch the Seattle Seahawks instructional tackling video at http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks-Tackling/af5b80dd-7e39-4519-8b80-ad558292b1a6